Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Heaven and Hell

Back to the Res for another romp in the sand, although not as much slogging across the beach as the week before.  For me a hellish course; no climbing, non-technical power course with seemingly endless accelerations out of the corners.  Definitely some fun fast swoopy turns too, but after Saturday's goodness it just felt so contrived.  I know where my work is.

The scene was fantastic as the NACT continued it's weekend invasion of the Republic. The tribe was out in force, showing the curious onlookers what it was  all about.  I left my camera at home in order to fully submerse myself (so to speak) in the days festivities.  Instead of grabbing my camera gear and a bottle of water, I grabbed a brat and a beer...nice.  At first I felt guilty for not shooting the races, but that didn't last long as I soon hooked up with my good friend Ed.

We started at the beer garden sand pit for the Elite Women's race, and then headed out on the course for the Men's race.  Lots of screaming and yelling for the local talent.  Lots of screaming and yelling!  Killer to see the local boys and girls out there dicing it out with the nations best.

No comments:

Post a Comment