Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Am I really blogging?


I really dislike the word blog. It makes me think of really large people all trying to squeeze into an elevator on a hot and sweaty day. Not too pleasant. But I guess everybody is doing it..., blogging that is. I figure it's a great place for me to collect my thoughts, or maybe disperse my thoughts. Maybe others will be interested, but I'm not sure why. Something to do with our society's need to know about other peoples business? I suffer from it. I have watched certain reality shows since back in the day. Not sure why.

I have quite a few blogs that I follow. This is a new affliction, one that I have only recently discovered deep within my darkest depths. It started when I was reborn into the cycling world. Years ago I raced mountain bikes for about five seasons. I was lucky enough to get into racing in the 90's when the money was flowing through the bike industry. Plane tickets, rental cars and accommodations for all the Norba Nationals were taken care of by the team. Six each season. The Colorado Points series was also a big deal back then so I also did at least eight of those each summer. Needless to say, my view of bike riding was fairly focused on racing. Things are different now. Five years off the bike due to injury, work, and life.

So yes, a rebirth of sorts, and with this rebirth, a new realization that I am part of a bigger tribe. A tribe consisting of many types. We don't all ride the same bikes, love the same rides, or even share the same values, but we all love the wonderful mechanical creation called the bicycle. Part of being a member of a tribe is contribution. I attempt to contribute to the community with my photography and my ramblings. Hopefully they provide inspiration to others to contribute in their own way.


Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment