Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mucky Muck With Icing on Top














Finally some muddy conditions. Not full on start line to finish line mud, but enough to play a factor in the racing. I actually got to start in the first row, as many of the speedsters were at Velo swap. I'll take what I can get. Rolled out and actually held my position from the start for the first time this season, which was cool. Ended up reeling in 4 or 5 guys and finished 7th.

Super fun course with two steep run ups that were slick and mucky muck, just the way we like it. Plenty of big ole mud puddles to charge through, and choosing the wrong line could send you hub deep and doing the superman. Lots of slippery off camber corners and one downhill stretch of single track that went from a little slick on the first lap to slick as snot on the second to even slicker than snot as the race went on. It was stay loose and let it roll as gravity did it's best to pull you down into the brush.  Ran in to my friend Shotty after his race and he had a grin from ear to ear.  Yeah, it was a nice change from our typical dust fest.

Sunday was cool too, spitting snow and gun barrel grey.  Icing on yesterdays cake. Called up in the second row but got caught with my thumb in my butt as there was a short roll up in which 20 guys passed me in 20 feet.  Spent the whole race working back up to 15th. Hate running, don't like sand much...had a blast!!



No comments:

Post a Comment