Thursday, May 13, 2010

Soul

Living in Boulder is a love hate thing for me.  It's a beautiful town with tons of riding, (although the single track is not as abundant as I would like), and the weather makes it easy to ride my bike all year.  There are tons of people on bikes all over town, the surrounding roads, and in the hills above town.  Quite a tribe on two wheels.  It's a different tribe than I'm used to, with all the speedy road racers, sick bird hucksters, trendy hipsters on fixed gears, and of course the fat tire freaks.

Living in Crested Butte for over ten years was an awesome time in my life.  Lot's of time on skis and bikes.  I got to ride with, and know, many of the legends of the mountain biking community.  I loved hearing the stories about "back in the day" from the likes of the Cook Brothers, Wes Williams, Coach, Dave Lindsey, and the list goes on.  It's a tighter smaller tribe up there in the mountains and I miss that.  Lot's of soul.  I'm not saying that Boulder has no soul, but let's not forget our roots as mountain bikers.  Here's a sample of some roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment